This event has been rescheduled from August 12, 2014 to August 19, 2014 due to bad weather.
If you registered for the original date, you do not need to register again. If you are unable to make the rescheduled date, please click here to communicate your cancellation. Refunds will be granted until Friday, August 15.
***This event is at capacity***
This event is at capacity. If you would like to be added to the Wait List in case of cancellations, please contact email@example.com.
Join Bob Mina for a Dragon Boat experience on the Delaware River in Beautiful Bucks County-New Hope, PA and listen to his story about perseverance, building confidence, believing in yourself and surrounding yourself with people who believe in you in order to reach your goals. Sixty (60) paddlers will embark on this unquiet leadership experience on three 650lb Dragon boats, to "Paddle, Push and Persevere”, overcoming challenges together to reach a common goal. At the same time learn about your leadership style through teamwork, building trust and confidence. A healthy and hearty dinner for all participants will take place immediate after the Dragon Boat race at the Bucks County Boat Association in New Hope, PA.
Rain Date: Tuesday, August 19
1. Learn the skills needed to operate a dragon boat in a manner that emphasizes teamwork and alignment to a common objective
2. Emphasize importance of roles and accountabilities when working in a team
3. Reflect on how to transfer the specific qualities necessary or success in sports, an how they can be applied successfully in the workplace
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM Registration, arrival, review safety
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM The majestic Dragon Boats will push off dock promptly at 6:00 PM
7:15 PM - 8:30 PM Dinner at Boat Association, New Hope (same facility)
7:45 PM - 8:15 PM Motivational Speaker: Bob Mina
Time zone: EDT
Bucks County Dragon Boat Association Boat House
156 South Main Street
New Hope PA 18938
- We encourage everyone to change to work-out clothes prior to dock arrival although we will have some changing space for those who cannot change at work.
- Boating attire-water shoes or tennis shoes, dry wicking clothes or t-shirt and work out pants (please bring back up clothes).
- This is a water sport so you may get wet.
- Other recommended items: bottled water, light snack for after work (granola bar/power bar) or fruit. Sunscreen, lip balm, Band-Aids and a hat.
- Please plan to carpool if possible since parking is at a premium in New Hope.
- Pre-registration required, photo ID required
- Please arrive promptly at 5:30PM.
- HBA and Boating waivers of liability must be signed prior to participation.
- Rain Date: Tuesday, August 19
Six-Time Ironman Triathlon Finisher, 35-time Marathon Finisher. Multiple Medalist at 2011 IDBF World Championships with Team USA Dragon Boat
Event is open to: HBA members and nonmembers
Online registration deadline: 8/10/14
Onsite (walk-in) registration: Is NOT allowed
Is capacity limited? Yes
Space is limited.
Is this event refundable? Yes
Requests for cancellations and refunds must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8/10/14; no refunds are available after this date.
- Program contact for event details: Contact email email@example.com and/or phone 973-582-1980
- Membership questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-575-0606 ext 1
- Trouble with online registration: email@example.com or 973-575-0606 ext 3
Visit us online:
Interested in volunteering?
Make the most of your HBA membership by volunteering! We have positions open on our program teams and service areas. Expand your HBA network, learn new skills, and increase your professional visibility. To volunteer, please send an email to Metro@hbanet.org, and put "I'd like to volunteer!" in the subject line.