The 25th Hour presents The Great Return
Virtual - Zoom
Thursday, November 04, 2021
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Eastern Standard Time
HBA's 25th Hour
The Great Return
November 4, 2021, 7pm – 8pm
Free to HBA Members
Who should attend:
Those who are returning to the "In The Office" Work Environment in the foreseeable future.
Building a sustainable path to return on-site to the office is a dynamic situation. For employees who are balancing the home / work life with the former COVID restrictions are now facing another change, the return to the office, the next phase of the pandemic. This event will be a lively discussion among HBA members to cover: 1) a safe return, 2) a stable return, and 3) maintaining positive energy.
The discussion may include:
1. Mental health - COVID certainly has struck a chord of fear of disease, isolation and economic uncertainty. Our normal routines were put to a complete halt and adaptability was the utmost urgency. Our children and elders were shifted from out of home education and services to in-home learning and caring. Until the dust really settles, we may not know the toll on our mental health.
2. Mind setting - High performance athletes have a well-known tactic and that is to visualize the game and the win. How are you getting in the zone for the Great Return.
3. Balance - Change requires energy and balance.
4. Staying healthy - Working within a safe and healthy environment is essential. Taking the right precautions and actions will make all the difference.
5. Leadership - The new hybrid environment is an opportunity to strengthening our inclusive culture; reshape learning, mentorship, and apprenticeship; support our colleagues and future leaders.
6. Remember the Golden Rule and Being Neighborly - The vision is to actively support each other in a way that fosters the highest level of service to each other.
7. Navigating a dynamic environment and ready the workplace
8. Reexamining remote, flexible, and blended working
9. Time management, clarify and focus on priorities
10. Employee engagement and experiences