Dare to Care: Unconscious Bias
Thursday, December 10, 2020
8:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Due to recent events, there is a heightened awareness around social stereotypes that has presented many personal and professional challenges. The best way to overcome these unconscious biases is to become aware of them and take action to prevent them. We invite you to join the NNJ HBA Dare to Care social networking forum focusing on ”Unconscious Bias” where members will have the opportunity to come together to share daily life insights, brainstorm solutions to common challenges. We mostly intend for this to be a shared space to connect with a supportive group, to commiserate with others, and support each other as we manage through this together. We will Learn, Empower, and Inspire one another to move forward.
The HBA is a united force for change and Dare to Care is a channel allowing change to happen. Learn steps you can take to help understand the overcome your Unconscious Biases.
• Discuss the nature behind social stereotypes and how we could be biased in our judgements without knowing it
• Raise concerns and challenges about how these stereotypes influence or effect those around you
• Communicate and demonstrate new measures you have taken to become aware of, and avoid making decisions based on an unconscious bias
• Reflect on the benefits of diversity and inclusion in both our personal and professional lives
• Strengthen your network, make new connections, and generate new ideas related to personal and professional life
Dare to Care will allow us to collaborate and get to know one another as we all address today’s common challenges and find ways to adapt. Come together as an HBA community to explore valuable lessons that will guide our thinking for generations to come.