HBA NNJ The 25th Hour- Working Parents, Finish Strong - Surviving the End of the School Year
Wednesday, June 09, 2021
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Add to Calendar
The 25th Hour monthly forum provides a safe space to discuss the challenges and complexities faced by working parents and caregivers in today’s environment. This month’s discussion focuses on finishing the school year on a strong note.
With the clocks pushed forward, and warmer weather on the horizon, many students and families are beginning to think about the end of the school year. High School Seniors aren’t the only ones experiencing “Senioritis” or “end of the school year blues”. Elementary students can begin to shut down and slow down their efforts, and college students are coping with the stress of year-end assignments, finals, and moving back home. Teachers, students, and parents are all beginning the countdown to the freedom of Summer.
Do you find yourself…
• Struggling to get your teenager to focus on his or her studies, instead of daydreaming about summer break?
• Scouring the internet for information on summer camps and how your young child can safely participate?
• Trying to figure out how you can keep your child engaged and avoid the “summer slide”?
It can be physically and mentally draining to get everything done and to still be the amazing parent that you are! Having a plan in place is the key to success. Together, we’ll identify strategies and share suggestions to help you and your family finish the school year strong. Topics for discussion include:
• Maintaining consistent routines for homework, studying, and sleep;
• Ensuring open lines of communication with educators;
• Planning for camps and enrichment activities;
• Preparing for college students returning to the nest;
• Navigating the vaccine matrix;
• And many more!
If you feel like you’re always searching for a 25th hour in the day, it’s right here, right now.
This is your hour….
We look forward to seeing you (virtually!) on June 9, 2021 from noon – 12:50pm EST as we support each other in our efforts to successfully complete another pandemic school year.