"Let the Sweat Fall" Fitness Challenge
Thursday, October 08, 2020
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Add to Calendar
“Let the Sweat Fall" Fitness Challenge is a month-long virtual fitness challenge, hosted by the New England Fit to Lead Affinity Group. The challenge begins on Monday, October 12 and ends on Sunday, November 8.
According to the Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans developed by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, adults should do at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity each week.
Registrants will be organized into teams of four (4) to facilitate networking and achieve aerobic activity goals. During the challenge each team will earn points for achieving the aerobic activity goals. Specifically, when each team member achieves 150 minutes of moderate-intensity (eg, walking, raking leaves) or 75 minutes of vigorous-intensity aerobic physical activity (eg, jogging, cycling) for the week, the team receives 4 points. Please encourage and support your team members, as each team member must complete the 150 or 75 minutes of aerobic activity for the week.
• Commit to a short-term fitness regimen
• Create enduring relationships through networking
• Connect fitness and career success
• Wednesday, October 7: Deadline to register.
• Thursday, October 8: Kickoff Zoom call with the New England Fit to Lead Affinity Group for the “Let the Sweat Fall" Fitness Challenge. We’ll provide an overview of the challenge, additional helpful information, answer your questions and make sure you’re ready for the challenge. You’ll also meet your fitness challenge teammates!
• Monday, October 12: “Let the Sweat Fall" Fitness Challenge begins. Start tracking your minutes for the week!
• Sunday, October 18: Confirm your aerobic activity minutes for the first week of the challenge. (Note: A Googledoc will be shared with all participating teams to simplify tracking.)
• Each Monday: Team members continue tracking activity minutes for the week.
• Each Sunday: Team members submit activity minutes.
• Thursday, October 22: Virtual networking session, hosted by the New England Fit to Lead Affinity Group.
• Sunday, November 8: “Let the Sweat Fall" Fitness Challenge ends.
• Tuesday, November 10: Celebrate completion of the fitness challenge with a virtual networking session, hosted by the New England Fit to Lead Affinity Group.