Changing regulations and a looming biotech patent cliff have created enormous opportunity in the global market for biosimilars to boom over the next few years. Are they generics or copycat drugs? No, but they are expected to slash the cost of some of our most widely used drugs by nearly half. Join us to find out how biosimilars could revolutionize the concept of cost-effective healthcare, and the regulatory and commercial challenges posed by this innovation pathway.
The panel represents diverse perspectives from the life sciences ecosystem and will discuss the following key topics: how biosimilars differ from generic products, FDA regulations and the cost of developing a biosimilar, and the implications for pharma, physicians, and patients.
Our esteemed panelists include: Susan Dexter, principal consultant, Latham Biopharm, Magdalena Leszcyniecka, president and CEO, STC Biologics, Inc; Michael Wyand, chief technology officer, EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals and moderator, Marie Sanchirico, medical managed care director, Genzyme, A Sanofi Company.
1. Define biosimilars and why they are considered a new innovation pathway
2. Identify the main challenges surrounding biosimilars from a clinical, regulatory and commercial standpoint
3. Identify the implications for key stakeholders by the introduction of biosimilars into the marketplace
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM Registration and networking
6:30 PM - 7:45 PM Panel discussion, Q&A
7:45 PM - 8:30 PM Networking and additional discussion time
Genzyme, A Sanofi Company, Roscoe Brady Auditorium
500 Kendall Street
Cambridge, MA, 02142
617 252 7500
Parking is in public garage close to building. Accessible from the Kendall T station.
Principal consultant, Latham Biopharma
President and CEO, STC Biologics
Medical managed care director, Genzyme, a Sanofi Company
Chief technical officer, EPIRUS Biopharmaceuticals
Event is open to: HBA members and nonmembers
Online registration deadline: June 9, 2015
Onsite (walk-in) registration: Is allowed
Is capacity limited? Yes
Space is limited to 100 registrants.
Is this event refundable? Yes
If yes, requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 3, 2015; no refunds are available after this date.
- Chapter contact for event: Sudipta Mahajan at email@example.com or
- Membership questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-575-0606 ext 1
- Online registration assistance: email@example.com or 973-575-0606 ext 3
Visit us online