Original air date:
11 June 2019
Note: Windows Media Player 9
or higher is needed to view the recording.
Leaders from all sectors of the health industry are being tasked with developing strategies to improve health outcomes while reducing costs. These strategies require leaders from diverse sectors to expand beyond their organization’s four walls and consider strategic partnerships with others to generate and advance innovative solutions. Our session focuses on the leadership requirements for converging across the health ecosystem and considers best practices in cross-sector collaboration from the field. We'll hear from two leaders in healthcare systems, Tracy Duberman, PhD, MPH, FACHE. Tracy Duberman is the founder and president of The Leadership Development Group. In her new book, From Competition to Collaboration: How Leaders Cultivate Partnerships to Deliver Value and Transform Health, Duberman and co-author Bob Sachs examine the challenges and opportunities of cross sector collaboration to enhance population health. Joining Tracy will be Joe Wilkins, MBA, FACHE, he is a medical industry executive and leader within the healthcare sector, Mr. Wilkins has repeatedly driven transformation and business growth. He has turned around revenue and operations, spurring technology integration and focusing teams on value and quality service to patients, physicians, employers and consumers. Mr. Wilkins currently serves as principle advisor for TRG Healthcare. Prior to joining TRG Joe served as senior vice president and chief transformation officer for Atlantic Health System, completing a $200M EPIC project, while standing up a Business Intelligence infrastructure and the Aha! Innovation Center.
Save by registering for the entire 2019 series:
• Tuesday, 16 April - Career Conversation 22: Cultural Sensitivity: Techniques for Fostering An Inclusive Environment
• Tuesday, 11 June - Career Conversation 23: Collaboration: Cultivating Partnerships to Drive Value
• Tuesday, 10 September - Career Conversation 24: Courage: Boldly Moving Forward
• Tuesday, 10 December - Career Conversation 25: Connections: The Art and Science of Building Powerful Professional Relationships
Each session will provide timely, relevant content from a subject matter expert, real world experience and perspective from an industry leader and an engaging Q&A with participants.
Special series purchase
Sign up for the 2019 Career Conversations webinar series
and receive all four webinars for the price of three.
Event is open to: HBA members and nonmembers
Upon completing your registration on the HBA website, you will be receive an email containing steps to complete your webinar registration on the Go To Webinar platform. You must complete this second registration step to receive the webinar recording. If you do not complete this second step, you will not receive the email containing the webinar login information.
The HBA will make reasonable modifications to policies and programs to ensure that people with special needs have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs. Contact us if you require special accommodations for this event.
This webinar is nonrefundable.
1. Attendees will learn practical examples of how various sectors work collaboratively to achieve the intended outcomes of population health
2. Recognize the essential competencies of health ecosystem leadership
3. Attendees will understand the biggest obstacles, both for leaders and for organizations in working collaboratively and how to overcome their barriers