Last year’s gender parity event demonstrated a strong business case for having a diverse talent pool. It’s clear from both academic research and personal anecdotes, that organizations with greater gender and cultural diversity out-perform those who don’t. There’s a strong desire on the part of many organizations to shift the demographics of their work-force, but many find it difficult to execute on this. And when they can find the right candidates, retaining them presents an additional challenge.
In order to significantly and sustainably improve diversity, organizations need to reform the following areas:
1) Recruiting--Where are you finding your talent--are you starting with a diverse pool? How can you look outside of the traditional box to find capable people from a wider range of backgrounds?
2) Hiring--How can you identify unconscious bias? Does your HR team have the right training to overcome their own stereotypes about different types of candidates?
3) Retaining--Are you fostering a culture of inclusion and belonging? Do you make a conscious effort to integrate the members of your team, to prevent anyone from feeling ostracized? Special instructions:
Icon Parking (561-565 Greenwich St, New York, NY 10014); Kinney Systems (8 Vandam Street, New York, NY 10014); Nearest subway stops: the 1, 2 line stop at Houston Street or A, C, E Spring StreetAgenda
05:30PM-06:30PM Registration and networking
06:30PM-06:45PM Welcome and introductions
06:45PM-07:45PM Panel discussion
07:45PM-08:00PM Q&A and Closing remarks
08:00PM-08:30PM Continued networking Registration information
Event is open to: HBA members and nonmembers
Online registration deadline: 22 October 2019
Onsite (walk-in) registration: Is NOT allowed Cancellations/refunds
This event is refundable, requests must be submitted in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
by 15 October 2019.
1. Apply lessons from industry leaders to recruiting and retaining a more diverse workforce
2. Identify and challenge some of your own unconscious biases
3. Skillfully communicate with peers about how to foster an optimal environment for both employees and clients