If you’re an industry leader — or want to become one — here’s your chance to learn, grow and forge meaningful relationships with others. This mentoring program harnesses the power of the group to help mentees set and achieve professional/career goals and forge new connections. Mentoring takes place in small groups and each group functions independently setting its own meeting dates, times and locations.
• Mentors and mentees complete the mentoring program application; the mentoring program committee uses the information provided in the match process to create mentoring groups
• Each mentoring group is made up of two mentors and four to five mentees
• Mentoring group members share a common area of interest/focus, developmental area or type of goal
• Key program information (definition of mentoring, mentor/mentee roles and responsibilities, goal-setting forms/other available tools and resources) will be shared with mentors and mentees prior to/during the kickoff
• Mentees set a goal at the beginning of the program; mentors (as well as other members of the mentoring group) help mentees make progress toward achieving their goals
• All mentors and mentees participate in the kickoff event; each mentoring group determines its own rules/expectations and establishes its own meeting format and schedule
• Mentoring groups work together over the course of six months, meeting at least once a month to help mentees make progress toward their goals
• Most mentoring group meetings take place in-person with occasional virtual meetings
• At the end of the program, mentees assess the progress they made toward their goals and consider how to continue to leverage/apply what they’ve learned
• Week of 6 March, 2017: Virtual mentor training (for all mentors - dates to be confirmed; more information to follow)
• 14 March, 2017: Kickoff meeting (in-person attendance required for all mentors and mentees)
• April - October: Mentoring groups meet on their own (according to the schedule they set)
• November 2017: Closing networking event dinner (date to be determined - for all mentoring teams)
Mentee or mentor?
are emerging leaders. They have a strong sense of their development needs and can identify one or more areas in which they need mentoring support. Mentees must have the time to prepare for their group’s meetings, fully participate and help plan these sessions, and then “do the work” — that is, be willing to stretch, take risks and use resources to tackle their mentoring goal.
are seasoned executives with significant experience in the healthcare industry or related services. They have a keen sense of their own strengths coupled with the ability and commitment needed to guide their mentees. Mentors are willing to share of themselves — relaying stories and anecdotes from their careers, recounting successes and failures, offering ideas and approaches and identifying tools and connections. Most mentors have experience in a director-level or higher position and/or have developed both individuals and teams.
Mentee course fee:
Mentor course fee
How to apply - Two steps
1. All mentees and mentors must register below. Mentees pay the mentee course fee now*
2. All mentees and mentors must complete the online application survey by the date indicated; this survey is automatically sent via email as soon as this registration is completed.
Applicants must register and complete their application survey by the provided deadlines to be considered for the program. *If a mentee cannot be accommodated in the program, the mentee’s course fee will be refunded in full (see cancellations/refunds provisions below).
HBA membership requirements
• Mentees must be HBA members
• Mentees who are accepted into the program, elect to participate and who are not already members must join the HBA prior to attending the kickoff event. Please note that:
- HBA annual membership dues are an additional charge, separate and distinct from any mentoring program
- HBA annual membership dues are not refundable. Make sure you have been accepted into the program and
have decided to participate before joining.
• Mentors are not required to be HBA members, but we hope all mentors will decide to join.
Consult your manager or HR department to see if reimbursement will be provided. Find out more about the value of HBA membership and the annual nonrefundable membership dues here
Register and complete the online application by 3 March 2017.
Is this event refundable? Yes; if a mentee cannot be accommodated within the program, the mentee’s course fee will be refunded in full. If a mentee decides not to participate in the program and provides written notification to email@example.com
no later than one weeks prior to the kickoff event, the course fee will be refunded in full. Following that, no refunds are available.