It is an unprecedented time in science and healthcare filled with equal parts cavernous challenge and unrivaled opportunity. Competitive job markets, extended trainee timelines and increasing demand for endurance coupled with uncertain career paths to pose serious questions to early, mid and late career professionals in our fields. Nowhere is this more apparent than here at the heart of our nation’s capital – a microcosm representing nearly every sector of science, medicine and healthcare along with the institutions that govern them.
Join us for an impactful evening as four extraordinary women leaders from across our community come together to discuss the career and life lessons that guide them as they define success and shape the future of science, medicine and healthcare today.
1. Identify life and career skills critical for success in science and healthcare today
2. Acknowledge that there are different paths to success, and explore options through lessons shared by the panelists
4:30 - 5:00 PM Event registration
5:00 - 6:00 PM Welcome and panelist stories
6:00 - 7:00 PM Panel discussion
7:00 - 8:00 PM Networking reception
One Medimmune Way
Gaithersburg, MD 20878
Special instructions: Free Event Shuttle circulating on the half hour between Shady Grove Metro and MedImmune
- From Shady Grove Metro Station at 4:00 PM, 4:30 PM and 5:00 PM
- From MedImmune at 7:15 PM, 7:45 PM and 8:15 PM
JoAnn Suzich, PhD
Vice president, infectious disease and vaccines, MedImmune, LLC
Yasmine Belkaid, PhD
Chief, mucosal immunology section, National Institutes of Health
Claire Fraser, PhD
Directior, institute for genome sciences, University of Maryland
Redonda Miller, MD
Vice president, medical affairs, John Hopkins Hospital
Cristina Rondinone, PhD
Vice president, cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, MedImmune, LLC
Event is open to: HBA members and nonmembers
Online registration deadline: December 2, 2015
Onsite (walk-in) registration: Is allowed
Space is limited to 400 registrants.
- Chapter contact for event: Sadiye Rieder at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-398-2873
- Membership questions: email@example.com or 973-575-0606 ext 1
- Online registration assistance: firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-575-0606 ext 3
Visit us online
This event is nonrefundable.