On Demand - Patient-Centricity in the Time of COVID-19
Non-Member: $15.00Your price
Published: 12/10/2020 12:00:00 AM
Original air date: 10 December 2020
Note: Windows Media Player 9 or higher is needed to view the recording.
Patient-Centricity in the Time of COVID-19 sponsored by Deloitte.
The urgency for patient-centric approaches has never been greater. Amidst the pandemic, patients are hesitating to seek routine care or not following through/enrolling in clinical trials. At the same time, social justice initiatives are focusing on dismantling long-standing institutional racism, including disparities in health care access and outcomes. Pharma companies have long recognized the importance of pursuing a patient-centric approach, but few have figured out how to achieve that goal. This panel will discuss findings from the Deloitte Center for Health Solution’s most recent research on the topic, including initiatives pharma companies have already implemented, lessons learned, and barriers that remain. In addition, we will discuss:
• How can companies advance their use of digital technology to engage patients? How has COVID-19 made deepening our understanding of the role of digital technology an imperative?
• What can biopharma companies do to increase patient trust and engage a more diverse set of patients?
• How can the role of the Chief Patient Officer be elevated and made more influential across the organization?
• What is the role of patient advocacy groups and others in the ecosystem?
• What does the future of patient centricity look like?
• Moderator: Margaret Anderson, Deloitte managing director and former executive director, Faster Cures
• Kalahn Taylor-Clark, PhD, global head of Patient Solutions, Sanofi
• Lynn O’Conner Vos, president & CEO Muscular Dystrophy Association (2005 WOTY)
• Cynthia Grossman, PhD director, Digital Health Research Platforms, MS PATHS, Biogen
• Christi Shaw, CEO, Kite Pharma