On Demand: Managing Up: Working Successfully with Your Boss
Non-Member: $15.00Your price
Published: 9/15/2020 12:00:00 AM
Original air date: 15 September 2020
Note: Windows Media Player 9 or higher is needed to view the recording.
This virtual presentation provides proven strategies and techniques to increase cooperation and collaboration between those who have different power levels, perspectives, and personalities—including gender differences. Learning to effectively manage up is a valuable skill that’s good for you, good for your boss, and good for your organization. This virtual session will help attendees:
· Raise awareness around preferred work style and behaviors—of self and others
· Recognize different leadership styles and explore adaptive strategies for communicating and collaborating with each style
· Understand and manage personality differences that impact manager/staff relationships, including “difficult boss types
· Understand their own and their supervisors “hot buttons”
· Manage virtual relationships with managers and colleagues
· Take ownership for one's own professional success
Mary Abbajay brings over 20 years of leadership experience, a master’s degree in Organizational Management, and post-graduate certificates from Georgetown University and the Coaches Training Institute. As a sought-after author, speaker, consultant, and trainer, Mary helps clients develop the strategies, skills and sensibilities needed for success in the 21st century. Her expertise lies in helping clients create dynamic and productive workplaces that foster professional and personal excellence and growth. In short, she is committed to creating workplaces where both the organization and the individual can flourish.