This international mentoring program pairs one mentor with one mentee who work together over the course of nine months to help achieve the mentee's goals. The program uses a cross-company and cross-hierarchy approach with recent participants from Germary, France, Switzerland, Italy, the United Kingdom, Ireland and the United States and is inclusive of female and male mentors. Mentoring pairs meet at least once a month; meetings are usually virtual since mentoring pairs may come from different countries.
• 1:1 - one mentor is matched with one mentee
• Mentoring pairs meet at least once a month for 9 months
• Depending on your preference and the availability of a matching mentoring partner, mentoring can either take place virtually (as your
mentor/mentee may be in another country) or in-person (if the mentor and mentee are in close proximity and both agree to in-person
• Mentees set a goal at the beginning of the program; mentors help mentees make progress toward achieving their goal
Program activities: January – November 2020
• 20 January 2020 - Mentor training webinar – (Will be recorded for those who cannot participate in the live sessions.)
• 22 January 2020 - Mentee training webinar – (Mandatory for all mentees. Additional date for alternative session and also will be recorded for those who cannot participate in the live sessions.)
• 29 January 2020 - Program kick-off webinar – at 5:00 PM CET. (Mandatory for all mentors and mentees; will be recorded for those who cannot participate in the live session.)
• February - October 2020 - Mentoring pairs meet – (Mentoring pairs meet on their own once a month, usually virtually)
• Join a buddy group to connect in small groups of mentees and mentors for continuous support throughout the program.
• Series of webinars to connect with fellow participants and professional coaches:
- 15 April 2020 - “Trouble-shooting and tips; all your questions answered”
- 8 June 2020 - “Share progress and hear from our expert coaches”
- 12 August 2020 - “Re-group and re-connect with the HBA Community”
• Access to HBA Mentoring online communities and face-to-face meet-ups organized throughout the program
• 21 November 2020 - Closing celebration webinar
Mentee or mentor?
are emerging leaders. They have a strong sense of their development needs and can identify one or more areas in which they need mentoring support. Mentees must have the time to prepare for meetings, fully participate and be willing to test and apply what they've learned to achieve their mentoring goals.
are seasoned executives with significant experience in the healthcare industry or related services. They have a keen sense of their own strengths coupled with the ability and commitment needed to guide their mentees. Mentors are willing to share of themselves - relaying stories and anecdotes from their careers, recounting successes and failures, offering ideas and approaches and identify tools and connections. Most mentors have experience in a director-level or higher position and/or have developed both individuals and teams.
Comments from last year's participants
"It has been a big contribution to my career development. It increased my confidence and let to promotion."
"An outside perspective is so helpful."
"I've gained tools to be an effective leader."
"My mentor's advice and exercises have helped me get out of my comfort zone. I've really grown through this experience."
"It is very rewarding to see the mentee acknowledge the progress she has made. It has allowed me to learn new areas of challenges which I never experienced myself professionally."
"I've improved my listening skills; the mentee had questions I'd never thought of."
Mentee program fee
€175/$200 - (Early Bird pricing until 3 October 2019)
€200/$225 - (Regular pricing after 3 October 2019)
Mentor program fee
$0 - there is no charge for mentors, who volunteer their time and expertise to the program and their mentee.
How to apply - Two steps
mentees and mentors must register by clicking the button below. Mentees pay the mentee program fee now.
mentees and mentors must complete the online application survey by the registration close date; this survey is automatically sent via email as soon as the registration is completed. (Be sure you have not unsubscribed from receiving HBA emails).
• Applicants must register and
complete their respective application survey by 31 October 2019 to be considered for the program.
• If a mentee cannot be accommodated in the program, the mentee program fee will be refunded in full.
HBA membership requirements
This is an HBA members-only program, and both
mentees and mentors must be/become HBA members to participate. Mentees and mentors who are accepted into the program, elect to participate and who are not already members must join the HBA prior to attending the kickoff webinar. Please note:
• Mentees: HBA annual membership dues are separate and distinct from the mentee program fee and represent and additional charge.
• HBA annual membership dues are not refundable. Make sure that you have been accepted into the program and have decided to participate before joining.
Consult your manager or HR department to see if reimbursement will be provided. Find out more about the value of HBA membership and the annual nonrefundable membership dues here.
complete the online application by 30 November 2019.
Is the mentee program fee refundable? Yes, under these conditions:
1. If a mentee cannot be accommodated within the program, the mentee program fee will be refunded in full.
2. If a mentee decides to withdraw from the program after registering, she/he must notify the mentoring program committee in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
by 30 November 2019. After that, no refunds are available.