Kidney Disease Innovation & Awareness
Virtual - Zoom
Thursday, March 23, 2023
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Add to Calendar
Central Standard Time
Kidney Disease affects 1 in 7 adults in the United States (a rate which is only growing) and is primarily caused diabetes and high blood pressure. Join us during National Kidney Month for a panel discussion with representatives from industry leading Baxter Healthcare to learn more about kidney disease, treatment options, and innovative therapies. Here are some facts about kidney disease and its prevalence in the United States alone -
• Kidney disease is a leading cause of death in the U.S. and about 1 in 2 people with very low kidney function (not on dialysis) don't know they have kidney disease.
• Chronic Kidney Disease causes more deaths than breast cancer or prostate cancer (NVS 2021 report of 2018 data).
• Kidney disease affects an estimated 37 million people in the U.S. Approximately 90% of those with kidney disease don't know they have it.
• 1 in 3 adults in the U.S. (approximately 80 million) is at risk for kidney disease.
The fact is that many may not know much about kidney disease until the disease has progressed too far or unless they have a personal connection to the disease. In acknowledgment of this year’s Kidney Awareness month, we present this opportunity to learn more about the disease, treatment options, and some treatment innovations.
Join us during National Kidney Month to learn more about kidney disease, prevention, and innovative therapies.
Key learnings include:
· What is Kidney Disease and why does it affect hundreds of millions of people in the U.S?
· What innovations are companies like Baxter involved in to combat Kidney Disease?